Jun 1, 2005

Newsletter Issue #2 - January 2006

Hi Friend,

I’m sure you’ve noticed that I have been hosting Guest Bloggers starting this month. I thought that it would be a great way to add variety to my blog. I would love to know what you think of the posts they have made. Send me an email with any feedback you have ---> chefmichele@gmail.com. Also, if you are interested in guest blogging for me, email me as well! I am hosting a guest every Monday and you don’t have to be a blogger to participate! If you contact me by email I will send you more information on how to participate. You can email me any comments or suggestions about this newsletter as well. I love getting email :)

If you haven’t dropped by my blog lately, here are a couple posts of interest that I made recently:

* Mango Bars --> http://chefmichele.blogspot.com/2006/01/mango-bars.html
* Butterscotch Cookies --> http://chefmichele.blogspot.com/2006/01/butterscotch-cookies.html
* Cupcakes and Quick Breads ---> http://chefmichele.blogspot.com/2006/01/cupcakes-and-quick-breads.html

I received some very nice emails recently about my last newsletter and I wanted to thank those of you who took the time out to let me know that you enjoyed it. One of my subscribers sent me some information that I felt would really benefit you all so here is what she had to say:

"I wanted to give some info that you can pass on if you like. We don't have a Safeway in my area, but we do have Lowe's Foods.

I love this store because they have S&H points (you use a card to use and redeem them). You earn points off everything you purchase in the store! Then you can use points to get discounts on items (I got a gallon of milk yesterday for FREE), or you can save them and order things from a catalog.

Using the card also gets you certain specials (discounts of anything from produce to potato chips to soda, just depends on the specials that week). And at this store you can use coupons on items, even if they are on sale....and they still do double coupons! Sometimes they even do triple coupons! I save so much money!

When I was on bed rest during my last pregnancy I found out they have an order service. Just go online and order your groceries, then go to a drive up spot and punch in your code....they bring them out and load them up for you. There is a $5 fee, but you save so much by shopping there that it isn't really even noticed.

Maybe this info would be helpful to some of your other readers."


I thought this sounded like a great deal and sure wish we had a Lowe's around here!

Speaking of great deals, I just ran across a really great one today! I have been a member of a website called Club Mom for some time now. It's a really neat site for moms with forums, deals and and other goodies for moms. One neat thing about this site is that when you sign up as a member at their site (no cost to do so), they send you a gift. This month they are offering a coupon for a F R E E cup of coffee and doughnut from Krispy Kream. How cool is that? If you're interested, take a look ---> https://www.clubmom.com/display/219325?p_id=7218

Friend, if you’re fond of sweets like I am, I think you will love the recipe I have for you this time. You may recall I spoke about saving the ends of your loaves of bread to make bread crumbs last time. One great thing you can make with those freshly made crumbs is Breadcrumb Cookies. I know… it sounds like a strange idea, but they really are great! I got this recipe from The Complete Tightwad Gazette. If you are frugal in the kitchen like I am you really should grab a copy of this book, it is full of useful information to help you cut costs in the kitchen and in every other are of your life. You can take a look at it and read excerpts here ---> http://tinyurl.com/c8e9o

Here's the recipe...
Bread Crumb Cookies

1 1/4 c flour
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c cocoa
1/2 c milk
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c melted shortening
2 c bread crumbs

Sift together dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients and add to dry mixture. Add melted shortening and bread crumbs. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until done.

Give this one a try, I’m sure you will enjoy it!

I really enjoyed chatting with you today! If you enjoyed this newsletter, be sure to pass it on to all your friends! If this issue was passed on to you and you’d like to subscribe, visit http://chefmichele.blogspot.com/ and fill out the subscription form right at the top.

Until Next time, Happy Cooking!

Michele

P.S. If you are into healthy breakfasts, I have a little freebie for you next time that I think you will really enjoy. I’ll have that for you next time.

No comments: