Aug 28, 2005

Changes

It's been a while since I posted here, thought I'd put in an update.

The grocery budgeting is going well, but for reasons of a medical condition, we have had to up the budget a bit. As it stand we spend $150 per two weeks but I am adding about $20 to that. My doctor says I need to be on a special diet for my cholesterol so am having to add more fruits, vegetables and other healthy things to the list which of course costs more. We are getting ready to start homeschooling soon so I am really trying to find as many simple crock pot and otherwise easy recipes to add to my weekly repertoire. Here's one I tried tonight which was very tasty!

Italian Sausage over Linguini

1 lb. Turkey Italian Sausage, uncooked
1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 lb. linguini, cooked

Add vegetables to crock pot. Dot with slices of the sausage. Top with sauce. Cook on low all day. Serve over linguini.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds yummy! I can't remember where or how I found your site, but I love the idea of it! thanks for sharing...I think it might have been fromt he WAHM.com boards...penny pinchers maybe??

Michele said...

Hi Nicole, yes! I'm on WAHM.com. Glad you like the recipe!