Aug 15, 2005

Ethnic & Fusion Cuisine

If you're on a budget, sometimes creativity can make all the difference between just another meal and a memorable dinner occasion. I have found that trying (or creating) various ethnic or fusion recipes.

I love to visit websites that offer a wide variety of recipes from around the world. My absolute favorite is Algerian Cuisine. There are several recipes there I plan to try soon.

Fusion cooking, in case you aren't familiar with it, is melding together foods from two different cultures to create a brand new taste experience. A great example is Thai Burritos from Fusion Recipes.

Another great site that offers both ethnic recipes as well as fusion creations is DMOZ World Cuisines. I love the idea of fusion cooking because you can use anything you have on hand and mix and match your meals to suit your tastes. Some of our *basic* fusion meals include the other night when we had bean burritos and collard greens and my daughter asking to have taco meat over spaghetti. There is no limit to what you can create!

So the next time you are feeling bored with your dinner ideas, try something new! You're sure to be glad you did.

No comments: