Oct 10, 2005

Leftover Magic

I actually know a man who does not ever eat leftovers. He HATES them. My mom used to let some of the good leftovers slip to the back of the refrigerator and forget about them. Me... I LOVE to use up leftovers and have fun trying to find creative ways to recycle them into something new and exciting.

Tonight I was planning to serve the leftover Arroz con Pollo from yesterday. But my kids are so picky, they don't like the tomatoes in the rice or the chicken... my oldest asked could I make tostadas. I figured why not. I took the leftover chicken from the dish and shredded it. I mashed the refried beans, added a little milk, a little chili powder and a sprinkle of cheese. I then fried some corn tortillas I had to make the tostada shells. I warmed up the leftover rice as a side dish. So we had refried beans, shredded chicken, cheese and salsa (from a jar) on the tostadas (plain beans and cheese for the kids) with the rice on the side for the grown ups. Quick, easy and delicious!

No comments: