Oct 15, 2005

Yummy Oatmeal!

Trying to eat a little healthier so I came up with this oatmeal for breakfast. Not only nutritious but it tastes great!



Blueberry Oatmeal

(makes one serving)

1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. frozen blueberries
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Combine all in a microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Stir well and add more milk if necessary then stir again. Top with fresh chopped apples if desired.

2 comments:

Mona said...

MMMMM, I love me some oatmeal. I've never thought of putting blueberries in it though, that sounds great! It's so good for you and I find when I've had oatmeal in the morning I'm less hungry throughout the day!

Michele said...

I thought of it when I was reading up on the health benefits of blueberries. It really is good and I hav it almost every morning