Dec 30, 2005

Announcing: Weekly Guest Bloggers Event

I thought it would be nice to create a blogging event since I have been seeing so many of them come up recently on many food blogs. I'm really excited about The Virtual Recipe Club and ARF Tuesdays which I will be participating in for 2006. After thinking over a few ideas of what readers would enjoy and what would be fun for my fellow bloggers, I decided to have a fellow blogger as a guest each week to write a post and give you all a fresh take on frugal cooking and meal planning. The event will of course be called "Weekly Guest Bloggers". Original huh? :)

To kick off this event I will be hosting three different bloggers the first week of January. After that I hope to feature a different blogger each Monday. If you have a blog of your own and would like to participate in this event, please email me at chefmichele@gmail.com and I will send you more information.

Today Safeway brought our grocery delivery so I am trying to clear out the freezer so things stop falling out when I open the door. Abundance is good but it can also be dangerous when you have a refrigerator with the freezer portion on top!

Tonight I decided to defrost some boneless, skinless chicken pieces and make Chicken Sofrito. This amazingly simple recipe is so flavorful you'd think it took all day. If you want to cheat, you can order the Sofrito on-line instead of making your own. But if you feel up to a few minutes more work, use Daisy's recipe for Sofrito, it's the best! Whatever you don't use can be saved by freezing it in ice cube trays and then saving the cubes in a ziploc bag in your freezer. I served this with rice, greens and beans but a nice salad would have gone with it as well. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

Chicken Sofrito

1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken pieces
3/4 c. sofrito
Adobo seasoning

Heat sofrito in a skillet or shallow dutch oven. Season chicken pieces with Adobo and add to the pan. Cover and allow to cook about 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and cover again and let cook 15 minutes longer.

No comments: