Dec 9, 2005

Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

My grandmother always made the best ham. She made it only on holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter. I always loved the crackly sweet coating and now I make it the same way for my family. I always serve this with potato salad just like my grandmother did.

Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

1 ham (bone in, fully cooked is best)
brown sugar
1/2 c. orange juice
1 can ginger ale
whole cloves
pineapple rings

Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Score ham in a criss cross pattern and place into roasting pan lined with foil. Cover entire ham with pineapple rings (try to put center of each ring around a diamond created from the scoring). Put cloves into the center of each diamond. Coat ham with brown sugar and press gently so it will stick to the ham. Combine ginger ale and orange juice and gently pour over ham. Add more brown sugar to ham and press gently to adhere. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes per pound. For best results baste every 15 minutes with a combination of equal parts of brown sugar, orange juice and ginger ale.

No comments: