Dec 15, 2005

Chicken Salad

I love a good chicken salad sandwich. I found a couple of cooked chicken breasts in the freezer so thought I would make some for lunch.

Since the chicken I was using was originally prepared as Greek Chicken it was very flavorful and didn't need much in the way of spices. The following recipe includes the usual spices that I would use and will work well with any leftover chicken.

Chicken Salad

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or shreded
1 stalk celery, minced
1/4 of an onion, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
squeeze of lemon juice
mayonnaise

Combine chicken, celery spices and mustard in a bowl and mix well. Add mayonnaise a spoon full at a time and mix well after each spoon full until you have a nice moist (but not wet) consistency.

No comments: