Dec 17, 2005

Christmas cookies everywhere!

With the Christmas holiday just around the corner, I have been seeing the most amazing cookie recipes everywhere. I thought I'd share some of the best looking ones I have found on-line recently. I've also recently compiled a list of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes. After having baked 4 dozen Snickerdoodles and 5 dozen peanut butter cookies then receiving 5 dozen different kinds of cookies at our homeschool cookie exchange, I am honestly tired of cookies.

However, my sweet little girls were peeking over my shoulder as I was blog-hopping yesterday and saw Elise's Gingerbread cookies and requested we make some. How could I say no? So this week we will be baking some, and the girls can't wait.

Today I noticed Joe's beautifully decorated sugar cookies. We made similar cookies last year. These are always a hit with the kids and we may just make some after the holidays just for fun.

Another cookie that really caught my eye were these cute little Chocolate and Peppermint Coin Cookies. I know my 5 year old will love these because of her passion for chocolate and mint.... and the sprinkles won't hurt either in her opinion I'm sure. :)

Cookie Madness
is a one-stop-shop for all your cookie needs this holiday. There's everything from Pecan Pie Chocolate Chunk Cookies to White Chocolate, Cranberry, Pecan, Ginger Bars.

If you're looking for something a little different to bake for the holiday season, I saw the most delectable looking Buttermilk Cupcakes today on From The Pantry. My mouth was watering just looking at them and I then realized they must be the reason I felt the urge to buy buttermilk the other day with no recipes in mind. Hoping to make those this week as well. Graham Cracker Toffee sounds good too.. two of my favorite flavors in one.

Whatever you choose to bake this holiday season, have fun and try something new!

No comments: