Jan 24, 2006

Spinach and Artichoke Dip - ARF Tuesdays #4


In honor of ARF Tuesdays, I decided to make a dip. I love spinach dip (isn't that an ARF too?) so this time I made spinach dip with a bit of a twist. I added artichokes. It turned out yummy! I made some pita chips to go with it. Here's how I made it this time.

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

1 c. cottage cheese, pureed in the belnder
1/2 bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained
4 scallions, diced
1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
1 Tbsp. Penzey's Chip and Dip Seasoning (you can substitute a package of your favorite dip mix)
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all in a bowl and mix well. Chill for at least an hour then serve with warm pita chips.

3 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Oooh I love artichokes! I have so many recipes on deck that use them - I have to remember to prepare one for ARF/5-a-Day Tuesdays.

But the last time that I glanced at a can of artichokes in the store, it was around $4. Ouch! I'll have to shop around for those this weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

Cate said...

I made a Spinach Dip Sunday that we really like, but yours looks a bit healthier ... ;)

Michele said...

I was actually given the cans of artichokes I have so I had no idea they were so expensive! This dip really is good, give it a try!