Feb 13, 2006

Guest Blogger #9 - Jamie Rains

My Guest Blogger this week is Jamie Rains. Jamis is not a blogger, she and I met through the forums at wahm.com recently and as enjoys cooking so I invited her to be my guest. Jamie sells candles. So without further ado, here's Jamie....!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Jamie Rains. Michele and I met through a forum in January of this year. She is such a sweet lady and we got to talking and she invited me to post a recipe. I am a mother of 4 three fur-babies and one teenage daughter. I work from home and run three businesses; I am a Mia Bella Rep, I sell a line of Dead Sea facial products and I have my own line of Dead Sea Bath & Body Products. Needless to say time is a thing of great value and a quick healthy meal is
always what I am reaching for.

I thought today I would share with you guys one of my favorite recipes. I use prawns when making it but any shrimp is fine just be sure to adjust the cooking time so that you do not overcook them. If you do not like shrimp you may also substitute chicken breast. I shared this recipe with a friend who used chicken breast tenders and she said it was phenomenal! The dish was a huge hit with her family and I hope you will find it equally delightful!

Seven Heaven Prawns

Ingredients
1 pound prawns (peeled, de-veined and rinsed thoroughly)
1/4 - 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped (set aside about 6-12 Tablespoons of
the green portion)**
1-2 tablespoons of Extra virgin Olive Oil
1-2 tablespoons of Red Chili Flakes**
1 Lemon Large cut in wedges (set 6 wedges aside)**
2-4 Tablespoons Local Honey**
2-4 cloves garlic pressed**

In large non stick skillet add 1-2 tablespoons E.V.O.O. and heat until water sizzles when dripped into oil. Add green onions, garlic, chili flakes, salt and white pepper to taste and squeeze half of the remaining lemon wedges (there should be 4-6 wedges depending on the size of the lemon. When onions are thoroughly cooked and you have a nice sauce in the pan; add half of the local honey and the prawns. Cook over medium heat stirring shrimp to insure that it is cooked through. For prawns this is about 3 - 3½ minutes, for medium to large shrimp about 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. Once thoroughly cooked; squeeze the other half of the lemons onto the shrimp and toss lightly; drizzle remaining honey onto the plate, plate the prawns and garnish with remaining green onions and lemon wedges.

You may serve with brown rice, vegetables, or anything you like. I sometimes will add snap peas and cook them for 30 seconds to a minute with a lid on the pan and then add and cook the prawns.

This recipe yields six servings of a healthy, delightful, carb friendly
dish*!

*If you are on a low carb diet you can eliminate the honey all together.
**You may also adjust these ingredients to taste.

No comments: