Apr 15, 2006

Happy Easter!

It's about to be a busy weekend so I thought I would post early and wish you all a Happy and Blessed Easter! I was just looking at the stats from the poll this past week and it looks like most of you have a traditional meal you prepare for Easter, namely ham, which is not surprising to me. Seems like ham is a mainstay for Easter. I would be interested to know... those of you that voted for "another traditional family meal"... what is your family's traditional Easter meal. I was surprised that no one is preparing turkey for Easter. Growing up it seems that about half of the folks we knew prepared a ham and the other half, a turkey. Personally I could go for either since both are delicious! :) This year, after much debate, we decided to go non-traditional so I will be preparing spaghetti, broccoli with shallots, garlic bread and brownies for dessert. Hubby and the kids are REALLY looking forward to the meal so who knows, it may just become our new family tradition. I've got a new poll up this week (to your left) so take a minute and vote.

Easter is a very special time for us. If you've been visiting me for any amount of time now you know that I am a Christian so to me Easter is much more than bunnies, eggs and jelly beans. It's a time to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Some of you voted last week that you don't celebrate Easter. If you're not familiar with the meaning of Easter (the true meaning that is), take a look here for more info.

I'll be back next week with more from my kitchen. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Michele!

We're non traditional at our house too. We eat what we're in the mood for. So tomorrow will be lasagna, salad and croissants. I did make some cookies for the girls and decorated them as a surprise. They've managed to eat a "few"(ha)tonight and can eat the rest tomorrow.

I hope you and your family have a blessed day!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!

Paz

Michele said...

Tammy, I love lasanga! Happy Easter to you too, I hope you had a wonderful day! :)

Paz, Happy Easter to you too!