Mar 26, 2007

Monster Cookies

My girls were in the mood for homemade cookies today. I took a quick inventory of what we had on hand and went to my cookbook pile to find something new to try. I had seen recipes for "Monster Cookies" for a long time, but whenever I wanted to make them we seemed to be missing one ingredient or another. Today was finally our day to try them. I'll be honest, I still prefer plain old oatmeal raisin cookies, but all in all these were very good and not nearly as rich as you'd think by the ingredient list. I got this recipe from Penzeys "ONE" Magazine. The original recipe makes 4 times as many cookies but we had to cut in fourths to make a manageable sized recipe. If you like M & M's this is a must try recipe!



Monster Cookies
(adapted from Penzeys "ONE" Magazine)

3 eggs
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 1/8 c. peanut butter
2 tsp. baking soda
4 1/2 c. quick oats
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. M&M's

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream together eggs, butter, sugars and vanilla extract. Mix in the other ingredients by hand to form a stiff dough. Make sure the oats are the quick cooking variety, as they make the cookies fluffier than regular oats. Bake tablespoons full of dough on a greased cookie sheet for about 10 - 12 minutes.


6 comments:

Erika W. said...

Monster cookies will always remind me of when my daughter was born. Just before having her, I had made a batch- a full batch- and had cookies everywhere. Little did I know how grateful I would be for those cookeis later on! They became just the thing for a quick snack in between feedings. We practically lived on those cookies for the first few weeks. Thanks for reminding me that it's time to make these again.

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look soooo good!

Paz

Happy Homemaker said...

They look good! My children want me to bake some NOW....lol.

me said...

Those look yummy! I blogged about it and your site at geekmom

Michele said...

The cookies were wonderful, I am glad you all enjoyed the recipe! I'd actually suggest adding some nuts or raisins... or both!

Thanks for the mention lady aeval :0)

Unknown said...

Mmmm. M&Ms and oatmeal. Two of my favorites.